Tuesday 5 July 2011

Success starts @ the bottom!



Oprah Winfrey 

While I may have quite a number of people that I admire, there are two people who really stand out as my ultimate favorites. Oprah Winfrey is one of them…

Whether you like her or not, much has been spoken and written about her. Even the University of Illinois in the US started a history course on her in 2001, titled: History 298: Oprah Winfrey The Tycoon! It just goes to show how influential and powerful she is... Personally, I admire her undying spirit and her consistent rise and success over the past three decades. As things stand, I cannot think of any female who will ever match the diverse roles she has successfully played, whether as an entrepreneur, publisher, motivator or leader.



Sir Richard Brandson 





The other person is Sir Richard Branson. As the owner of Virgin, the road he has traveled is similar to what all of us have gone through. At the age of 16 years, he started a magazine called Student with his friends. When he ventured into music recording industry and started Virgin Records in the 70s, his true entrepreneurial skills shone and his leadership was visible. 



From Virgin Records came a number of ventures, the most notable one being Virgin Atlantic Airways, one of the most successful private airline companies in the world.
Today, Sir Richard is an undoubted multi-billionaire – and a humble one at that!

But, what is the secret to their success?
  • I think their immeasurable success lies in a combination of a number of very important factors. They are winners because:
  • They are in touch with their businesses.
  • They are great communicators – who listen and talk to people.
  • They are selfless givers.
  • They are humble and down-to-earth.
  • They aren’t afraid to lead by example.
  • They have a positive outlook to life.
  • Above all, they are great, respectable leaders who are not scared to take that leap of faith.

To me, the above list is a great combination of must-have qualities if – like me – you aspire to be a successful entrepreneur. In my small, humble world, I also want to achieve greatness – not for myself, but for the GENUINE brand. And to get to that level, I believe I must incorporate all these factors in my everyday life.

Is it possible master and muster this combination? Yes it is - if you start with the smallest of things and build your way up from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment